Veterinary Biomedical Science
The 30 credit hour M.S. in Veterinary Biomedical Science program prepares early-career students to become top-level scientists and administrators in the animal health industry through in-depth knowledge about animal physiology, diseases and their relevance to human health.
- Work with experts in a variety of disciplines that range from technology to business.
- Tailored for working professionals with evening, weekend, online and on-campus class options.
- Immediately start coursework before becoming fully enrolled in the program.
- Flexible, customizable program of study.
With the thesis and non-thesis options and a variety of emphasis areas in the program, you can design an advanced degree that best fits your interests and professional goals.
Pharmacology and toxicology
Professional communications and business
Statistical analysis and experimental design
Content is framed within an interdisciplinary approach to enhance problem-solving skills.
Graduates are prepared for careers in the animal health industry, an academic institution or at a state or federal agency.
A majority of our enrolled students are seeking advanced training to become top-level scientists and senior-level scientists.
- Currently, one out of every three animal health jobs in the U.S. is based in the KC Animal Health Corridor, which stretches from Manhattan, Kansas, to Columbia, Missouri.
- Kansas City area companies account for nearly 32% of total sales in the global animal health market.
- Spending is expected to grow significantly for health-related products and medications for animals.
Alumni Success Story
Brittany Wilhite used her M.S. in Veterinary Biomedical Science degree to advance her career goals, which meant entering vet school. | Learn more
Meet Your Professor
Paige Adams, Ph.D., D.V.M.
Teaching Assistant Professor of Veterinary Medicine