See how the future is built at K-State Olathe on April 1
Tuesday, March 7, 2017
OLATHE — The Greater Kansas City community is invited to a day packed with free entertainment, food, fun and — most importantly — purple at Kansas State University Olathe's All-University Open House.
The 2017 All-University Open House is from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, April 1, at K-State Olathe, 22201 W. Innovation Drive. The event features hands-on demonstrations, activities, information, food, exhibits and more that are geared for all ages. Open House is free to attend and no registration is required.
"As K-Staters know, family is something that is very important to the university and something that really makes Kansas State University special," said Ralph Richardson, dean and CEO of K-State Olathe. "Open house is a wonderful opportunity for non-K-Staters to see what it means to be a part of that K-State family. It's also a day that we can welcome all of our alumni in Greater Kansas City home to our campus."
K-State Olathe's open house is in conjunction with similar events at Manhattan and the Polytechnic campus in Salina.
Some of the open house activities at K-State Olathe include:
• Willie the Wildcat;
• Meet, mingle and share coffee with K-State Olathe's deans;
• A pancake breakfast, barbecue provided by Johnny's BBQ in Olathe and Purple Pride ice cream from the Kansas State University campus;
• A series of challenges for K-12 students that combines engineering, science, problem-solving and creativity;
• Information about how Kansas State University's academic programs can help expand career potential;
• A photo booth complete with props;
• Free Cherokee Purple tomato plants, while supplies last;
• Booths and activities from corporate partners American Royal, Cargill Animal Nutrition, Heartland Food Products;
• A live broadcast by Sports Radio 810 WHB;
• Information, advice and activities from K-State Research and Extension about healthy snacking, soil testing, aging and more.
Visit olathe.k-state.edu/openhouse to see a complete list of the activities and booths.