During winter weather, you can find out if classes are cancelled or the campus is closed in one of these ways:
- The announcement will be posted on the Olathe campus home page
- Sign up to receive a text message about closings through K-State Alerts. Be sure to select K-State Olathe in your options.
- The announcement will be posted on the college's Facebook page
- Call the main college number at 913-541-1220. When the decision to close the college is made, the first step taken is to change the college's main phone message to announce the closing. (Please remember that lots of calls will be coming into the switchboard, so it is not necessary to talk with the operator to confirm the recorded message.)
- These TV stations have made arrangements to receive and announce closing notices: KMBC-TV 9, KSHB-TV 41, KCTV-TV 5, and WDAF-TV-4. Note that it can take up to 30 minutes for an announcement to appear on television.
- Several radio stations also receive and announce notices, including KCUR, KMBZ and KCMO.
If the decision to cancel classes is made during the day, the announcement will also be posted on the digital signs, and faculty and staff will be notified.