Nine students at Olathe campus earn degrees
Tuesday, Dec. 17, 2019
OLATHE — The fall 2019 graduating class includes nine students who are earning their degrees through Kansas State University's Olathe campus.
This class also includes the first graduate from the campus' hospitality management bachelor's degree completion program, which currently has 19 non-traditional students who are completing their degree.
"I have so much pride and respect for our graduates, many of whom also work full-time jobs and have families," said Jackie Spears, interim dean and CEO. "It's particularly joyous to see our first graduate from the hospitality management program be able to finish what she started. Our campus looks forward to all of our graduates' future successes using the knowledge and skilled they learned."
Graduates and their programs are as follows:
• Mischon Arrington, M.S., adult learning and leadership
• Deborah Bartley-Petrillo, M.S., school counseling
• Konstantinos Batziakas, Ph.D., horticulture and natural resources
• Morgan Koenig, M.S., school counseling
• Morgan Martin Miller, professional science master
• Candice Meerpohl, M.S., adult learning and leadership
• Megan Mitchell, B.S. in hospitality management
• Kate Sanders, M.S., veterinary biomedical science
• Joshua Staley, M.S., veterinary biomedical science
The Olathe campus will hold a celebration in the spring for fall 2019 and spring 2020 graduates.