Effective Presentation Delivery Skills for Technical Professionals
Kansas State University Olathe campus
22201 W. Innovation Drive, Olathe
Superior presentation skills are a differentiator in the workplace. Learn the tools and techniques — from the subtle to the essential — that will help you consistently deliver top-tier presentations that help you achieve results.
This module can be taken with the Effective Presentation Design Skills for Technical Professionals module for a discount or can be taken individually.
Who Is This For?
- Professionals who give any type of presentation, particularly those in technical fields.
- Technical professionals with limited prior training in giving oral presentations.
- From the subtle to the essential, acquire tools and techniques to help you become a consistently good presenter
- More effectively deliver prepared and impromptu presentations with confidence
- Learn how to convey complex topics to diverse audiences and tailor your messaging for maximum impact
- Deliver a message that generates interest as well as engages and motivates your audience
- Learn how to convey credibility, establish trust and build a connection with your audience
- Revise and improve upon a presentation you have given or are preparing to give
Meet the Instructors
Ellen Lowery, D.V.M., Ph.D., MBA
Professor of Practice in Animal Health
Dr. Lowery has more than 20 years of regional industry experience from her time at Hill's Pet Nutrition where she was the director of the U.S. Professional and Veterinary Affairs department. Her industry roles have spanned scientific research, marketing, consulting, customer development and professional development.
Manager of Training and Development
Buzard manages and delivers professional educational programs and activities that enhance workforce development in Greater Kansas City. She works with industry partners and area associations to identify needs regarding workforce skill development needs and builds applicable programs with subject matter experts. She has been in the training and development field for more than 13 years and finds joy in developing programs that spark learning in others.
|8 a.m. | Check-in, networking, refreshments|
|8:30 a.m. | Welcome|
• Overview and Objectives
• Learning Activities –Introductions and Assessments
• The Craft of Presentations
|10 a.m. | Break|
|10:15 a.m. | Overcoming Nervousness|
• Impromptu Speaking and Developing Your Elevator Speech
|Noon | Lunch|
Lunch provided on-site
|12:30 p.m. | Post-Lunch Activity|
• Designing Presentations
• Managing Challenging Situations and Q&A
|2:30 p.m. | Break|
|2:45 p.m. | Presentation Practice and Feedback, Action Plans|
|4:15 p.m. | Closing and Evaluations|
|4:30 p.m. | Adjourn|
Pricing and Registration
- $250 for BioKansas members
- $325 for Non-members
Lunch and refreshments will be provided.
Those registering for this module and the Effective Presentation Design Skills for Technical Professionals module on Sep. 12 will receive a $25 discount for each module.
The deadline to register is Sept. 11.