- A bachelor's degree with an undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or above for the last 60 hours of courses taken is required.
1. Graduate School Application and Application Fee
$65 for U.S. citizens and permanent residents; $75 for international
2. Official Transcripts
Upload a copy of your transcript in PDF format from each college or university where you received your bachelor's degree(s) or completed any other coursework or degrees. If you are admitted, you will be required to submit an official transcript from the institution(s) where you received your degree(s) or completed any credits. Students whose transcripts are not in English must furnish an English translation by an appropriate authority.
Please note: Unofficial transcripts can be used when submitting the online application. Official transcripts will be required after official acceptance.
3. Statement of Goals and Professional Experiences
The statement is an important component of your application. Prepare a well-written one- to two-page statement, and include your name at top of each page. The statement should be uploaded to the online application and include the following information:
- Career and professional goals and aspirations
- The reason for interest in seeking the master's degree in School Counseling
- Evidence of motivation, leadership and strong work ethic
- Professional experiences that support your application
Please upload a copy of your Resume/Vitae to the online application.
Three recommendations are required from former/current professors, employers or other professionals who are in a position to evaluate your potential for graduate study. The names and email addresses of the recommenders are to be entered in the online application system.
6. TOEFL Scores
Required only if English is not your first language.
Applications are accepted and reviewed year-round. Students are encouraged to submit their application at least one month prior to the start term of their desired entrance term. Application review will not begin until all transcripts, application fees and other supporting documents are received.