1. K-State home
  2. »K-State Olathe
  3. »Academics
  4. »Undergraduate Degrees
  5. »B.S. in Hospitality Management
  6. »Community College Partners

Community College Partners

Be better prepared for the growing and evolving hospitality industry. Earn your associate's degree or certificate in hospitality at a community college in the Greater Kansas City region.

Classes from these and other community colleges can be parlayed into a successful career in hospitality and a bachelor's degree from Kansas State University through K-State's Olathe campus.

Johnson County Community College

Johnson County Community College is located in Overland Park. JCCC offers a program in hospitality and culinary arts

Kansas City Kansas Community College

Kansas City Kansas Community College is located in Kansas City, Kansas. KCKCC offers a certificate in culinary arts.


Metropolitan Community College

Metropolitan Community College is located in Kansas City, Missiouri. MCC offers an array of academic programs and currently is developing their hospitality certificate program.


Educational partners 

K-State is actively engaged with JCCC, KCKCC and MCC and students in each college's hospitality program. Our faculty particpate in campus visits and are part of each college's advisory board.


Bachelor's Degree Pathway

Want to turn your community college education into a bachelor's degree in hospitality management with a minor in business? It's simple. 

Step 1

Earn a maximum of 60 credits in a general or applicable field at a community college. The Transfer Pathways tool can tell you which credits transfer to K-State.

You do not need all 60 credits before applying to and taking classes at K-State. You also can be enrolled in a community college and K-State simultaneously.

Reach out to students services at K-State Olathe to meet with an advisor who can encourage and coach you on which classes to take and when.


Step 2

Complete an additional 60 credits at K-State's Olathe campus to earn your bachelor's degree in hospitality management with a minor in business.

Classes are offered in the evening and online so that you can work in KC while you earn your degree. Learn more about K-State's hospitality program.


Which of my credits transfer to K-State?

Use our Transfer Pathways tool to see which community college courses transfer to K-State — and get you closer to a bachelor's degree.


Transfer my credits