Summer Experience in Public Health
SEPH is a non-credit summer program that will take place at the K-State Olathe campus and other sites June 2-4, 2014. This program is open to juniors and seniors in high school and freshmen and sophomores in college.
Students will learn about public health and One Health through hands-on activities, presentations and tours. Topics include food safety, human nutrition, physical activity and infectious diseases and zoonoses, which are the four emphasis areas of the K-State Master in Public Health program.
- Tour of the Kansas City Zoo
- Tour of the Johnson County Water Quality Laboratory
- Hands-on food safety activity
- Presentation on school gardens, nutritious snacks and natural playscapes
- Presentation on walkable communities
Monday, June 2: 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
Tuesday, June 3: 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
Wednesday, June 4: 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
Registration opens soon!