Sensory & Consumer Research Center
The Sensory & Consumer Research Center is a full service consumer research facility offering both qualitative and quantitative research in addition to consulting and project management. With staff experienced in testing a wide range of food and other consumer products, the center can work with clients to meet all of their objectives.
The Center is located at the K-State Olathe campus, just minutes away from some of the most densely populated areas of Kansas City. We are continuing to grow a large database of consumers of all ages and demographics, to meet all recruitment needs.
- 7 Individual testing booths
- One focus group room (within the Center) with live video streaming capabilities
- Access to on-site multipurpose rooms for large consumer studies or qualitative research
- Theatre style rooms for viewing audio/visual material
- Video cameras for real-time viewing
- Demonstration kitchen for viewing food preparation or food handling
- Industry kitchen & equipment with capabilities to rent other equipment as needed
- Project Management
- Experimental Design
- Quantitative Research – Central Location testing or home use testing or combinations of both
- Qualitative Research – exit interviews, mini discussion groups, focus groups
- Statistical Analysis
- Data Interpretation
If you are interested in utilizing the Sensory & Consumer Research Center for your next project, please email Marianne Swaney-Stueve or call (913) 307-7354.
If you are interested in being a study participant, the Center is continually seeking consumers interested in sharing their honest opinions about food or consumer products. We offer daytime and evening testing times at the Center in addition to studies where products are sent home to be used. Consumers of all ages are welcome. QUICK SIGN UP!