M.S. in Adult Learning and Leadership
The 33-credit hour Master of Science in Adult Learning and Leadership helps working adults from a wide variety of professions become better educators, trainers, facilitators, program planners, managers, and leaders. This degree is offered at the K-State Olathe campus, online and in Fort Leavenworth.
The master's degree is designed for working adults and features:
- 8-week courses that meet one night a week
- Ability to specialize in area most applicable to your career
- Full-time faculty/advisors with experience as practitioners
- Opportunity to start a program any time of the year
- Competitive, flat-rate tuition and fees
- Scholarship opportunities
Core coursework (18 credit hrs.) helps professionals better understand how adults develop and learn.
- Introduction to Adult Education
- Characteristics of Adult Learners
- Adult Learning and Motivation
- Social Foundations of Adult Learning
- Program Planning
- Research Methods
Opportunity to Specialize
The remaining 15 credit hours are electives, providing an opportunity to specialize in a content area most applicable to your goals. A variety of electives are available, or you can choose a Graduate Certificate Program in an area like Adult Learning or Leadership Dynamics.
This broad degree is applicable in many professions. Our students and alumni work in a variety of fields and have attained leadership positions in:
|Criminal justice/Public safety||Ministry|
|Health care and medicine||Parks and recreation|
|Higher education — Faculty and administration||Non-profit agencies|
|Insurance||Workforce development and training|
No. Students in the adult learning and leadership program have a wide variety of bachelor’s degrees. Most have found themselves working with and/or teaching and leading adults in some capacity and have decided they want to learn more about how adults learn.
Because our courses are eight weeks long, most students take two courses each semester and nish the degree in about two years.
- Graduate School Application
- Official Transcript from bachelor's degree institution
- Official Transcript from each institution you have completed any post-baccalaureate course work or degrees
- Statement of Objectives: 1-2 page statement of career and professional goals and relevant professional experience
- See more information from the College of Education
- Admissions requirements checklist
Send official transcripts to:
Adult Learning and Leadership
Kansas State University Olathe
22201 W. Innovation Dr.
Olathe, KS 66601