Vice President of Human Resources, Garmin
Laurie Minard has more than 20 years of experience in Human Resources. Her career at Garmin started in 1996, when she was hired to start the human resources department. She was promoted to director in 2002 and to vice president, in 2007. In her current role, Minard is responsible for providing leadership and strategic direction for Garmin’s HR policies and programs including recruitment, talent management, compensation, benefits, payroll and associate relations. In addition to her role at Garmin, Minard has served on the Board of Directors for Employment Practices Network of Kansas City since 1999.
Minard has served the community in a variety of board roles, including:
- Olathe Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors and Executive Committee
- Olathe Medical Center Board of Directors
- Olathe Salvation Army Advisory Council
- KU Edwards Campus Board of Advisors and Workforce Development Advisory Board
- Kansas Technology Enterprise Corporation/Software & Information Technology Association of Kansas Board of Directors
- YMCA of Greater Kansas City Board of Directors
She has also enjoyed serving on the Mayor’s Christmas Tree Fund Committee and managing and participating in Garmin’s United Way Campaign. Minard was honored as the Olathe Chamber of Commerce Volunteer of the Year in 2007, selected to the Kansas City Business Journal’s Class of 2008 Women Who Mean Business, and graduated from the Leadership Olathe program in 2010 and Olathe Chamber of Commerce Citizen of the Year in 2012.
Laurie holds a B.S. in Psychology from the University of Kansas.